Local News coverage in Coastal Maine from 4 Office Locations
Careers at MaineStay Media
The Ellsworth American, an award-winning weekly publication, is looking for an ambitious news reporter to join our team.
The right candidate will have:
- Excellent reporting and writing skills
- Experience with digital photography
- The ability to work independently and as part of a group
- Comfort with a digital-first environment
- The ability to multitask and meet deadline
- Reliable transportation
- Applicants must also be willing to work nights and weekends.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Short/long term disability and life insurance
- 401k with company match
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Managing Editor Cyndi Wood, [email protected].
Advertising Account Executive
The Ellsworth American and Mount Desert Islander newspapers are seeking an experienced, motivated, result-driven outside sales account executive.
The successful applicant will provide exceptional client care to the existing book of customers; embrace cold calling and prospecting; demonstrate strong people skills; employ excellent organizational skills to meet critical deadlines, and have a strong commitment to meet and exceed all customer expectations while contributing to the overall growth of the publications.
Essential job functions:
- Superior client care that meets and exceeds customer expectations
- Maintain an existing book of client accounts
- Nurturing existing customers
- Continually grow the book of client accounts
- Cold calling prospects in person, by phone, and email
- Possess or develop proficiency in our account management platform
- Coordination with clients and the composing team to provide assets and verbiage for ads by the submission deadline
- Review, proof, and approve ad copy for and with the client as appropriate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Basic knowledge with the Google Suite of products
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Interested persons should send a cover letter and resume to:
The Ellsworth American has an opening for a press operator. The press operator will learn all aspects of running and maintaining our printing presses in Ellsworth.
Essential Job Functions:
Learn and maintain all areas of the Pressroom and Platemaking operations including:
- Prepping rolls of paper
- Setting rollers in the press
- Standard maintenance of press equipment
- All functions to work on the press, folders and press controls
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding
- Previous experience working with machinery
- Reliability and commitment to hands-on training, Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Works safely and follows safety procedures
You must be 16 years or older to apply. Please download and fill out an application and return to 1 Printing House Square, Ellsworth.
Mailroom Clerk – Part-time position(s) available
Part-time, year round. No evenings or weekends. Operating high-speed inserting machinery, assembling and strapping newspapers and loading newspaper bundles into carts in our downtown Ellsworth production plant.
This position requires moderate lifting (30-40 lbs). Must be reliable. You must be 16 years or older to apply. Please download and fill out an application and return to 1 Printing House Square, Ellsworth.