Local News coverage in Coastal Maine
Careers at MaineStay Media
Advertising Account Executive
The MaineStay Media Group is seeking experienced, motivated, result-driven marketing and sales executives for our wide range of print and digital products including newspapers, magazines and direct mail products.
The successful applicant will provide exceptional client care to the existing book of customers; embrace cold calling and prospecting; demonstrate strong people skills; employ excellent organizational skills to meet critical deadlines and have a strong commitment to meet and exceed all customer expectations while contributing to the overall growth of the publications.
Essential job functions:
- Superior client care that meets and exceeds customer expectations.
- Maintain and nurture existing customers.
- Continually grow the book of client accounts.
- Possess or develop proficiency in our account management platform.
- Coordination with clients and design teams to provide assets and verbiage for ads by the submission deadline.
- Review, proof, and approve ad copy for and with the client as appropriate.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic knowledge of social and digital advertising products.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a passion for sales and marketing.
- Strive to grow revenue of his / her client base by >15% / year.
- Be able to work well independently or as part of a team, and to juggle multiple simultaneous projects with varying lead times.
- Be proactive, self-directed, and able to prioritize and multitask effectively.
- Be a problem-solver.
- Be able to offer creative insights to help clients develop successful individual ads and advertising / marketing campaigns.
- Contribute to in-house team brainstorming to establish new advertising promotions and opportunities for clients.
MaineStay Media offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package for employees including health insurance, retirement, paid time off, dental, life insurance and other supplemental benefits.
We offer a competitive base salary plus commission with uncapped potential for self-motivated individuals.
Required Education: Associate degree or better and or the equivalent of 4 years professional / sales experience.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
The Ellsworth American, an award-winning weekly publication, is looking for an ambitious news reporter to join our team.
The right candidate will have:
- Excellent reporting and writing skills
- Experience with digital photography
- The ability to work independently and as part of a group
- Comfort with a digital-first environment
- The ability to multitask and meet deadline
- Reliable transportation
- Applicants must also be willing to work nights and weekends.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Short/long term disability and life insurance
- 401k with company match
Applicants should email a cover letter, resume and three writing samples to Managing Editor Cyndi Wood, [email protected].
The Mount Desert Islander in Bar Harbor is on the lookout for a dedicated full-time reporter to join our award-winning team.
Are you a news enthusiast with a passion for storytelling and a nose for the latest happenings? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments and love the thrill of chasing down breaking news stories? If so, we want YOU to be a part of our dynamic news team!
What’s in Store: You’ll be diving into local stories, navigating government happenings, and asking the tough questions. We’re all about building community connections, managing assignments and hitting deadlines.
Why Join Us: With two decades of community coverage, we’re proud of our work. We offer a competitive salary, a flexible schedule, and a benefits package covering health care, retirement, paid time off and more.
How to Apply: If you’ve got two years of journalistic experience, solid communication skills, and a passion for storytelling, we’d love to hear from you. Send your resume, a letter of introduction and three writing samples to [email protected].
Ready to be part of our community narrative? Let’s make some news together!
The Ellsworth American has an opening for a press operator. The press operator will learn all aspects of running and maintaining our printing presses in Ellsworth.
Essential Job Functions:
Learn and maintain all areas of the Pressroom and Platemaking operations including:
- Prepping rolls of paper
- Setting rollers in the press
- Standard maintenance of press equipment
- All functions to work on the press, folders and press controls
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding
- Previous experience working with machinery
- Reliability and commitment to hands-on training, Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Works safely and follows safety procedures
You must be 16 years or older to apply. Please download and fill out an application and return to 1 Printing House Square, Ellsworth.
Mailroom Clerk – Part-time position(s) available
Part-time, year round. No evenings or weekends. Operating high-speed inserting machinery, assembling and strapping newspapers and loading newspaper bundles into carts in our downtown Ellsworth production plant.
This position requires moderate lifting (30-40 lbs). Must be reliable. You must be 16 years or older to apply. Please download and fill out an application and return to 1 Printing House Square, Ellsworth.