Local News coverage in Coastal Maine
Careers at MaineStay Media
THE FREE PRESS is seeking an Editor to manage day-to-day operations of the editorial department, including but not limited to: generating story ideas, assigning work to Reporters, coaching Reporters, and copy editing staff-generated stories, letters to the editor, obituaries, calendar listings and press releases. The Editor guides Designers in the layout of the paper each week and oversees final editing of pages.
Advertising Account Executive
The MaineStay Media Group is seeking at least 4 experienced, motivated, result-driven outside sales account executives to cover Waldo, Knox, and Hancock and a portion of Washington Counties.
The successful applicant will provide exceptional client care to the existing book of customers; embrace cold calling and prospecting; demonstrate strong people skills; employ excellent organizational skills to meet critical deadlines, and have a strong commitment to meet and exceed all customer expectations while contributing to the overall growth of the publications.
Essential job functions:
- Superior client care that meets and exceeds customer expectations
- Maintain an existing book of client accounts
- Nurturing existing customers
- Continually grow the book of client accounts
- Cold calling prospects in person, by phone, and email
- Possess or develop proficiency in our account management platform
- Coordination with clients and the composing team to provide assets and verbiage for ads by the submission deadline
- Review, proof, and approve ad copy for and with the client as appropriate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Basic knowledge with the Google Suite of products
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
The Ellsworth American has an opening for a press operator. The press operator will learn all aspects of running and maintaining our printing presses in Ellsworth.
Essential Job Functions:
Learn and maintain all areas of the Pressroom and Platemaking operations including:
- Prepping rolls of paper
- Setting rollers in the press
- Standard maintenance of press equipment
- All functions to work on the press, folders and press controls
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding
- Previous experience working with machinery
- Reliability and commitment to hands-on training, Willingness to learn
- Attention to detail
- Works safely and follows safety procedures
You must be 16 years or older to apply. Please download and fill out an application and return to 1 Printing House Square, Ellsworth.
Mailroom Clerk – Part-time position(s) available
Part-time, year round. No evenings or weekends. Operating high-speed inserting machinery, assembling and strapping newspapers and loading newspaper bundles into carts in our downtown Ellsworth production plant.
This position requires moderate lifting (30-40 lbs). Must be reliable. You must be 16 years or older to apply. Please download and fill out an application and return to 1 Printing House Square, Ellsworth.